REG-4 FIRE & LIFE SYSTEM TESTING 9/13/2016 7:30am-5:00pm
Attention Elleven Residents,
The City of Los Angeles Fire Department requires high-rise buildings to conduct annual tests of the fire/life safety systems in the building.
Please be aware that we will be conducting this important testing as follows:
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Hours: 7:30 am – 5:00 pm.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Unplug or turn off all computers, appliances, or anything that may be susceptible to DAMAGE OR LOSS OF DATA due to POWER INTERRUPTION!
- MAIN POWER SUPPLY to the building will be interrupted at various times throughout the day in order to test the emergency power generation system.
- GARAGE FIRE DOORS are included in this testing and will immediately drop once testing begins. Please use caution while navigating the garage area and expect periodic delays.
- ELEVATORS will be briefly out of service while the power is off in order to test the recall system. Each elevator will be recalled to the lobby level twice during this test. Once this phase of the testing is completed the elevators will return to service, however periodic delays are expected.
- FIRE ALARMS AND STROBES will be activated throughout the building, and announcements will be made over the building-wide PA system. Each floor will be tested independently.
- IN UNIT FIRE SPRINKLERS will be inspected for signs of leakage, corrosion, or damage. Entry to units will be required, and a member of the Association’s staff will accompany the testing personnel into all units. Please note that ALL sprinklers must be accessible and free of obstructions.
The Association has retained the services of a professional consulting firm certified by the LAFD to conduct the test and provide the necessary reports to the Fire Department.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Please contact the building engineer or management with any questions or concerns at 213-749-9255