Garbage Disposal Reminder!
Posted By ahuerta on November 23, 2022
Now that the holiday season is here we wanted to share a few garbage disposal Do’s and Don’ts.
1. Do keep your garbage disposal clean. Pour a little dish soap inside and let the garbage disposal run for a minute or so with some cold water.
2. Do run your garbage disposal regularly. Frequent use may prevent rust and corrosion, assures that all parts stay moving and prevents obstructions from accumulating.
3. DON’T pour grease, oil, or fat into your garbage disposal or drain. Grease will slowly accumulate and impede your garbage disposal’s grinding ability and clog drains.
4. DON’T dispose of the following items down the drain: coffee grounds, eggshells, peels, and rinds, or expandable foods into your garbage disposal. Foods like pasta and rice expand when you add water in a pot; they do the same thing once inside your pipes or garbage disposal and are the cause of many jams and clogs.
5. DON’T put large amounts of food down the garbage disposal. Feed food into the garbage disposal a little at a time with cold water running; this will help the food scraps flow down freely through the drain pipes and plumbing.
Always remember, when in doubt, throw it out!